Black screen with cursor problem
What's the problem?
Ever since a recent Windows update, all you can see on a number laptops and desktops is a black screen with a cursor. That's annoying, because the laptop can't be used because of this.
When will it be solved?
Because this concerns a problem in Windows 10, it's a software issue. The main thing is to wait for a new update that solves the problem.
Exchanging your laptop for another laptop unfortunately leads to the same problem.
There is a temporary solution. Do you know your way around Windows 10 and do you want to try it? Follow the steps below.
- Booth the computer and wait for the black screen with the cursor to appear.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE on your keyboard at the same time.
- The screen will now have colors again. In that screen, click Task manager.
- A new window will open. At the top of the new window, click the Services tab. A new list with various process names will appear.
- Search for App Readiness in the list.
- Right-click App Readiness and click Stop.
- To solve the problem, download an installation file via the HP forum, which you'll find .
- The file will appear at the bottom of your browser bar. Open the file by clicking it.
- A new window will appear.
- In the window, click Next, then click Next again.
- Wait till the bar fills up and the installation is complete. Close the window afterwards.
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom left of the screen. Click the on/off button and click Restart.
The problem with the black screen and cursor should now be solved. Didn't we? You might have to wait for a solution via Windows Update. We'll keep you updated on any updates via this page.