How do I set up Synology Cloud Station?
What do you need?
- A Synology NAS
- QuickConnect ID
- The most recent version of DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Windows or Mac computer
- Optional: smartphone
Step 1: Install and set up Cloud Station on your NAS
- Log in to your Synology NAS and go to the 'Package Center',
- Search via the search bar or in the overview for 'Cloud Station',
- Click on install. After installation the program will be in the menu,
- Open the 'Cloud Station' app and click on 'Cloud Station' in the left menu,
- Check the option 'Enable Cloud Station',
- Write down your QuickConnect ID, since you'll need this in the next step.
Do you want to decide for yourself who can use the Cloud Station software?
- Select 'Rights' in the left menu,
- Click on the boxes on the right side of the screen to enable or disable access per user,
- Then click on 'save'.
Do you want to choose which folders you share with other users?
- Click on 'Share' in the left menu,
- Choose per folder if you want to share it with multiple users,
- Click on 'save'.
2. Install Cloud Station software on your Windows or Mac
- Go to the Synology website and enter the model number of your Synology NAS,
- Search for Cloud Station Drive in the screen that appears,
- Click on 'exe' if you use a Windows PC or click on 'dmg' if you use a Mac,
- Save the installation file in a place of your choice and start the installation,
- Choose 'English' as the language, then select a location to save the Synology Cloud Station Drive software.
- Complete the installation.
3. Set up the Cloud Station Drive software on your Windows or Mac
- Start the Cloud Station Drive software,
- Enter your QuickConnect ID, username, and password of your Synology NAS,
- Then enter a self-selected computer name so that you can recognize it if you use multiple devices,
- In the same screen, choose a folder where your Cloud Station files will be saved.
- Click on next and complete the setup.
- You now have Cloud Station set up on your Synology NAS and the software installed on your Windows or Mac computer.
4. Optional: Use Cloud Station on your smartphone
- Do you want to use Cloud Station to synchronize files from your phone?
- Download the DS Cloud app on your iPhone or your Android phone,
- Open the app,
- Choose a device name and enter your QuickConnect ID, along with your username and password from your Synology NAS.
- Complete the setup.
- You can now use your own cloud service on your smartphone via your Synology NAS.