Expert review of the Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua
Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua
- You will receive a regular suction brush and a suction and mopping attachment.
- With the suction and mopping attachment, you can vacuum and mop the floor in 1 movement.
- The regular suction brush vacuums dust on all sides and has LED lighting.
- On 1 full battery, you can vacuum for 75 minutes at the lowest setting. - This vacuum makes relatively much noise with a sound of 84 decibels.
Out of the box
The box looks nice, like what we're used to from Philips. I put everything on the floor and find the following:
- Engine unit and dust cup
- Regular suction brush
- Suction and mopping attachment
- Microfiber cloths (2x)
- Suspension system
The stick vacuum cleaner is easy to assemble, just like all other SpeedPro Max vacuum cleaners. I click the stem on the battery, attach the regular suction brush, and find out that there is already power in the battery. I immediately start cleaning the house.
Vacuum and mop at the same time
Of course, I am immediately curious about the mopping function in this stick vacuum. I fill the water tank with water. I'm surprised how much dirt the front of the suction brush removes and mopping is also very smooth. Real stains do not go away in one movement, but after moving back and forth a few times, almost everything is clean. This works a lot nicer than getting started with a bucket and mop.
Mopping: the result
When I vacuum ahead, I also immediately mop that piece of floor. Because I walk behind it, I get wet socks. And I hate that. Walking to the side is the solution. I mopped my living room of 20m2 in no time. That went smoothly.
- I finish mopping a lot faster.
- It is not necessary to wet a mop and always wring it out.
- Wet socks.
Stick vacuum cleaner without mop function
With the regular suction brush, you have a powerful stick vacuum cleaner in your home. In the lowest position, I can go super fast. Thanks to the LED lighting, I can see how much dirt is actually on the floor. Wow, this is confronting, but at the same time, it's really handy. I can easily vacuum my 80m2 apartment with one battery charge. Finally, I vacuum the carpet at my coffee table. For this, I put the suction power in the medium setting. I don't need the turbo setting, but it would be handy for a high-pile carpet.
SpeedPro Max as a vacuum cleaner: review
Do you want to know more about using the stick vacuum cleaner without a mop attachment? If so, read my extensive expert review of the SpeedPro Max FC6823/01. This is similar to this model, but the Aqua version does not come with a mini turbo brush and you use the Aqua to vacuum for 15 minutes longer.
- It is a lot easier to get a mop through the house.
- As a vacuum, the battery lasts a long time and you have high suction power.
- You can leave the regular vacuum in the cupboard regularly and you no longer need a mop.
- The nozzle sucks up dirt on all sides, this means you can finish vacuuming faster.
- Thanks to the LED lighting you can see exactly where the dirt is and you do not skip anything.
- The LED lighting shows you exactly how much dirt is on the ground.
- If you put the mop aside for a while, it will continue to give off water.