How do I set motion detection on my Foscam IP camera?
What do you need?
For push notifications
- Your phone
- The Foscam app
- A Foscam camera connected to the Internet
For email notifications
- A computer connected to the Internet and the same network as the camera
- The Foscam web interface
- An email account with password
You can set up push notifications via the mobile application. To use the app, complete the corresponding installation procedure.
How do I install my Foscam camera via a smartphone?
Afterwards, follow the steps below:
- Open the application on your smartphone.
- Log in with your Foscam account.
- Select the linked camera by pressing the image of the camera.
- Then press the gear icon at the top right of the screen.
- Choose the 'Alert' option.
- Now choose 'Motion Detection'.
- In the next screen you see a number of options:
- Motion Detection: This is the general setting to activate motion detection.
- Schedule: Here you set the days and times at which the motion detection should be on.
- Sensitivity: You may be notified of every cat passing by. In that case, set the sensitivity to a lower position.
- Triggered Interval: Do you not want constant notifications when you bring in messages? The interval ensures that a new notification does not take place immediately after every movement. The time you set here is the minimum time between 2 notifications.
- Enable the "Motion Detection" option and any other functions.
- The push notifications for motion detection are now enabled. You will now receive notifications on your phone.
Settings per provider
|SMTP Port||587 (alternatively: 465)||587||587||587|
|Transport Layer Security||STARTTLS (alternatively: TLS)||STARTTLS||STARTTLS||TLS|
|SMTP Username||Your Gmail account||Your Outlook account||Your Ziggo email address||Your KPN email address|
|SMTP Password||Your Gmail password||Your Outlook password||Your Ziggo email password||Your KPN email password|
Is it not working?
We'll gladly help you enable motion detection on your new Foscam IP camera. Followed the steps but still can't get it set up? Please contact our customer service.