How do I link my Fitbit Aria scale to the Fitbit app?
Step 1: Install the Fitbit app on your smartphone
We are going to link the Fitbit Aria to the Fitbit app. If you already have the app and you already have an account with Fitbit then proceed to step 3. Install the Fitbit app on your smartphone via one of the following stores:
- App Store for iPhones
- Google Play Store for Android devices
- Windows Store for Windows devices
Search the store for Fitbit and install the free App. You can recognize the correct app by the name of the maker, Fitbit Inc.
Step 2: Create an account with Fitbit
Is the app installed on your phone? Then open the app. You can log in or register. If you already have an account, choose "log in". If you are a new user, choose "Join Fitbit". Go through the steps in the app. Everything filled in? Then you'll receive an email to confirm your account. Confirm your account via the link in the email.
Step 3: Connect your Fitbit Aria to the app
Open the Fitbit app and press the "account" button at the bottom right. In your account, press "+ Set Up a Device". Select the Fitbit Aria from the list. Keep clicking until you are asked again to log in via the browser.
Step 4: Log in to your Fitbit account
Log in to your personal Fitbit account via the screen in the browser. Continue and give your scale a random name and enter your own initials.
Step 5: Put your Fitbit Aria in the set-up mode
Grab your Fitbit Aria scale and open the battery cover. Remove the plastic tab so that the batteries make contact. Have you done this before? Then disconnect a battery and wait at least 10 seconds before replacing it. "Set-up active" appears on the screen of the scale. Press "continue" in your browser.
Step 6: Connect your Fitbit Aria to your Wi-Fi network
In the final step, we'll link the scale to your wireless network. You now have to switch between the screen in the browser and the settings screen of your smartphone.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone and choose the network that starts with Aria.
- Go back to your browser and press "i'm connected".
- A list of available wireless networks will appear after a few seconds. Choose your own network, enter your password and press "submit".
- Go back to the Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone and select your own network.
- Return to the screen in your browser for the last time and press "i'm connected".
- Wait for the "Success" message
Ready! Roads and more
The scale is now connected with the Fitbit app. All your measurement results will automatically appear in your personal app. You can now also set personal goals via the app or add multiple users to the scale.