How do I set up my Foscam camera via the web interface?
What do you need?
- A Foscam IP camera
- Foscam installation software
- A (modem) router
- A network cable
- A laptop or desktop (connected to the same network as the IP camera)
- A free socket
- Do you have a WiFi IP camera? Note down the password to your wireless network.
Step 1: connect the IP camera
In order to install the Foscam IP camera, you first have to connect it. This is done as follows:
- Take the IP camera's power cable and the network cable (in the case of a WiFi IP camera, you only use that cable for configuration).
- Plug the power cable into a socket.
- Plug the other end into the IP camera's power input.
- Put 1 end of the network cable in the IP camera.
- Connect the other end to your (modem) router.
Step 2: install the software
The IP camera has now been connected. Next, install the software. Follow the instructions below:
- Open the Foscam download page in an internet browser. For instance, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer (on Windows). Use a computer that's connected tot he same network to which you're connecting the IP camera.
- Find your IP camera type in the overview and select 'Software'. Download – depending on your operating system – the software for macOS or Windows.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Copy the displayed folder to where you want it on your computer.
- The software has now been installed.
Step 3: access the IP camera
The installation of the software has been completed, but we're not quite done yet. Now, it's time to prepare the IP camera for use. Just follow the steps below:
- Open the installed software.
- The software will automatically look for Foscam IP cameras within the network. Double-click on the found IP camera. It can be recognized from the IP camera's name.
- Your web browser will be opened automatically and take you to the configuration page.
- In a new screen, you are asked if you want to install a plug-in. Do that; it's needed to see the images made by the IP camera.
- Restart the web browser after installing the plug-in.
Step 4: configure the camera
The plug-in ensures the IP camera's interface works correctly and that you can view the images. We're now going to configure the IP camera, so you can start using it. Follow the step-by-step plan below:
- After restarting the browser, you'll be led to the IP camera's login page. If your browser has forgotten it, you can reach the page again by opening the Foscam software from step 1 and double-clicking the camera. You can now log in.
- In the user field, enter 'admin' in small letters.
- Leave 'password' empty.
- You can change the language below.
- Click 'Login'. You're now going to create new login details. Choose a user name and password and enter them. Click 'Change'. You're account is now being created. Hold on to these details, you'll need them to access the IP camera.
- You can see the 'Setup Wizard' in front of you. It will take you through several steps:
- Select your country and click 'Next'.
- Give the IP camera a name and click 'Next'.
- Select the timezone. If you want the IP camera to take daylight savings into account, you check that option and configure it. Click 'Next'.
- (Optional) Do you have a WiFi IP camera? Click 'Scan' and select your WiFi network. To the right, you enter the network's password. Select the option: 'Complete'.
- The IP camera main page will appear automatically. Installation has been complete. You can change other settings if you wish.
Is it not working?
We'll gladly help you install your new Foscam IP camera. Step-by-step instructions didn't work? Please contact our customer service.