Compare the JBL Flip 3 to the UE BOOM 2
At first glance, the JBL Flip 3 and the UE BOOM 2 are very similar. Both speakers have a compact size and distribute a clear sound over 360 degrees. Yet there are a few important differences. Because of the battery life of 15 hours you use the BOOM 2 to 5 hours longer than the Flip 3. Both speakers are suitable for outdoor use, but you can easily drop the BOOM 2 into the water. This speaker is completely waterproof, while the Flip 3 is splash-proof.
JBL Flip 3
- The dust and splash-proof design makes the speaker suitable for outdoor use.
- The passive radiator allows you to listen to a powerful bass.
- Via Bluetooth, you can connect 3 or more smartphones to the speaker at the same time.
- The speaker has no usb entrance to charge your smartphone.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 3
- The speaker has a maximum wireless range of 30 meters.
- You can listen to 15 hours of music without charging the speaker.
- The speaker distributes a powerful sound over 360 degrees.
- The dustproof and waterproof design makes the speaker suitable for outdoor use.
- The speaker has no USB input to charge your smartphone with.
The differences in short
|JBL Flip 3||Ultimate Ears BOOM 2|
|Do you want to listen to music continuously for 15 hours?||No||Yes|
|Do you want to easily carry the speaker in a bag or backpack?||Yes||Yes|
|Do you want the sound to be sent to any direction?||Yes||Yes|
|Do you want to put the speaker in the sand or wet grass?||Yes||Yes|
|Do you want the speaker not to break when it falls into the water?||No||Yes|
|Do you want to connect a smartphone via NFC to the speaker?||No||Yes|
|Do you want to connect multiple speakers together for a more powerful sound?||Yes||Yes|