How do I choose a radiator?
A bathroom radiator or towel radiator goes – as you might expect – in your bathroom. These radiators ensure that you're nice and warm during and after taking a bath or a shower. The advantage of a towel radiator is that you can also use it to preheat your towels or dry them after use. It looks nice in your bathroom too.
A design radiator doesn't just make the room it's in warmer, it also makes it more beautiful. The sleek design of the radiator makes the device an eye-catcher in your living room, hall, or kitchen. You can also hang a design radiator in the bathroom.
A convector radiator is the most commonly used and well-known model of its kind. There are convector radiators with a flat front or with a ribbed front. In addition, there are horizontal convector radiators and vertical convector radiators. Read the comparisons below to find out what the pros and cons of these models are.
Horizontal vs. vertical
- Suitable for placement under a window.
- Available in many types and sizes.
- Not exactly an eye-catcher in your room.
- If you place it under a window, you'll lose a lot of heat.
- Suitable for rooms that don't have space for a horizontal radiator.
- Gives off a lot of heat because of its size.
- Gives off a lot of heat if you hang it in a central place.
- Because of its dimensions, it's very noticeable in the room.
Type 11 and 22 radiators
Convector radiators come in different models. Our assortment includes type 11 and type 22 radiators. Radiators consist of plates that water flows through (exterior) and convectors that connect the plates (interior). A type 11 radiator can be identified from its 1 plate and 1 convector structure. These radiators are about 7 centimeters thick. A type 22 radiator is the most common type of radiator. That model has 2 plates, 2 convectors, and a thickness of about 11 centimeters. The bigger the radiator, the more heat it gives off.
Flat vs. ribbed
- Sleek design.
- Give off 7% less heat compared to ribbed radiators.
- Emits a lot of heat.
- Doesn't have designer looks.