Boosting your WiFi signal
Where do you want good wireless internet?
Which WiFi extender is suitable for me?
It can be difficult to choose the right WiFi amplifier for your situation. In any case, consider in advance whether or not you want to pull cables. In addition, for some amplifiers you must have network knowledge. Finally you decide whether you want to use the full speed of your connection. Below you will find an overview.
|Multi-room WiFi||Access point||Powerline adapter|
|Don't want to run network cables in your house?||Yes||No||Yes|
|Want to install the extender without expertise about networks?||Yes||No||Yes|
|Don't want to compromise on speed?||Yes||Yes||No|
- Easy to connect.
- With 3 stations 1 fully covering WiFi network in apartments and single-family homes.
- With 4 stations even suitable for larger houses, such as a detached house.
- Thanks to the mesh network you have no speed loss.
- Walk through your house with a smartphone while staying connected to WiFi.
- You do not have to pull network cables.
- Have fewer advanced functions than standard routers.
Powerline adapter with WiFi
- Turn any random socket into a network connector.
- Powerline adapters are easy to set up.
- Works using electrical wiring; you don't need network cables.
- Less suitable for homes with older electrical wiring.
- You lose 10 to 30 percent of your internet speed.
- Sends the signal via the network cable, so there's no loss of speed.
- Suitable for the most demanding network tasks, such as online gaming and downloading.
- Have advanced settings.
- Not fully wireless; you forward the signal via the network cable.
- You need network knowledge to install this WiFi amplifier.
What is the solution for the WiFi problems in my house?
If you want to solve a WiFi problem, it's important to first take your living situation into account. In a freestanding house you'll need a WiFi network with a bigger range than in an apartment. You'll need a different solution for watching Netflix on your roof terrace than for wanting to use WiFi in your shed.