How often and how do you clean burners on a gas barbecue?
Follow the 11 steps below to clean your burners:
- Take enough time for this chore (+/- 30 minutes per burner).
- Disconnect the pressure regulator and the propane cylinder.
- Remove the grill rack and other parts above the burners.
- Remove the burner tubes from your gas barbecue.
- Consult your barbecue's manual to read how to remove the burner tubes without damaging the wiring.
- Clean the individual burners by using an straightened paperclip to poke in all the holes.
- Next, use a steel wire to remove all the food residue from the inside of the burner.
- Clean the outside of the burners with a rough brush and soapy water.
- Dry the burners with an old rag.
- Carefully put back the burner tubes as described in your BBQ's manual.
- Warning: check very carefully if you've correctly installed each component. That prevents dangerous situations.