How do I install the Ring Video Doorbell Pro?
What do you need?
- A screwdriver
- Possibly a drill
- The included attachment material
- A bell transformer with a voltage of at least 16 volts
- The Ring app on your smartphone
1. Check your bell transformer
You connect the Ring Video Doorbell Pro to the existing wiring of your bell. The bell transformer that powers your Ring Pro must therefore be strong enough. Ring recommends a voltage of at least 16 volts. In most homes, you'll find the bell transformer in the fuse box, between the ground fault circuit interrupters. Check the voltage stated on this.
2. Replace the bell transformer
If your transformer supplies a voltage that is lower than 16 volts, it must be replaced. Ring includes a powerful transformer with a voltage of 24 volts. We strongly advise you not to install it yourself if you don't have an electrical engineering diploma. Call in a specialist for this, so that you know for sure that nothing goes wrong.
3. Mount the Ring Pro doorbell onto the wall
- Switch off the power in the fuse box.
- Remove your old doorbell.
- Place the back plate with the letter 'A' at the right height next to your front door and indicate where the screws should go with a pencil or pen.
- Are you placing the Ring Doorbell Pro on a concrete or stone wall? Then drill holes in the wall and insert the supplied plugs.
- Place the back against the wall and pull the wiring of your bell through the hole in the bracket.
- Screw the first part of the mounting bracket to the wall and place the back plate with the 'B' mark on top.
- Attach this second part to the back plate with the supplied screws.
4. Connect the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Connect the existing wiring with your Ring Pro doorbell. You do this by slightly loosening the screws above the 'terminal' text and inserting the cable underneath it. Make sure you connect the right cable with the right connection!
- Tighten the screws and make sure the cable doesn't come loose. If necessary, you can place the cable in a curve around the screws.
- Remove the front cover of the Ring Pro doorbell and place it on the bottom plate. Tighten the screws at the top and bottom to attach the bell to the back plate.
- Don't place the front cover of the Ring Pro onto the doorbell yet.
- Switch on the power again.
5. Set up the Ring Video Pro
- After the electricity is switched on, the Ring Pro immediately enters the installation mode. This takes 10 minutes.
- Open the Ring app on your smartphone and log in.
- Press the big plus to add a device.
- In the next screen, choose the 'Ring Video Doorbell Pro' and give your doorbell a name.
- The automatic installation can take a few minutes.
- Now place the front cover on your Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
- Your Ring Pro doorbell is installed and ready for use!
Tip: Does your Ring Pro not automatically switch to installation mode or is 10 minutes not enough? Then press the black button on the right side of your Ring doorbell. The installation mode will then reset.
6. Do you prefer not to install yourself?
Are you unable to install the doorbell yourself? Or would you rather have it done by a professional? Choose a doorbell including installation. These doorbells are installed at your home by a Coolblue technician, at a time chosen by you. This way, you can be sure that everything works properly. You can select the installation service on the product page.
Note: We only offer the installation service in North Holland, South Holland, Flevoland, Utrecht, North Brabant, Tholen, and most of Gelderland and Dutch Limburg.