Connect with the Blaupunkt app
Step 1: check your WiFi connection
Many problems arise because there are 2 types of Wi-Fi networks: 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz. The biggest problem here is: the Blaupunkt robot vacuum can only connect to the 2.4GHz network, but most WiFi networks are set to 5.0 GHz. Connect your phone to the network that starts with 24, instead of 50. In some cases, you may only have a 5.0GHz network. Call your internet provider and tell them that you need a 2.4GHz network. You'll be done in a few steps, and you'll be able to control the robot from the comfort of your couch.
Step 2: download the app and register
- You do this in the Apple App Store for IOS phones.
- You do this in the Google Play Store for Android phones. Install the app on your phone and log in if you have an account or register. To do this, you must enter your name and email address and create a password.
Step 3: connect the robot vacuum to the app
Make sure you're connected to the correct 2.4 WiFi network.
- Go to the home screen and press the "+" button and switch on the robot vacuum.
- Put it in standby. To do this, press the 'power' button on the LED panel when the robot is cleaning or switched off.
- Select "Add device" and select the BluebotXS.
- Press and hold 'edge clean' on the LED panel until CONN appears.
- Click on "reset" in the app.
- The app shows a "config family WiFi" screen where you can enter the WiFi password of your own WiFi and can click 'next'.
- Keep your phone close to the robot and click on "connect robot's WiFi".
- Select "blaupunkt_BB" from the list of available WiFi networks and wait until your mobile is fully connected.
Ready! Or not?
You should now be connected to the robot and able to operate it easily via the app. Set a cleaning schedule for the entire week so you don't have to turn it on every day. Does the app still not work? Try the following:
- Reconnect to the 2.4 network.
- Switch off the robot and wait 5 minutes. Switch the robot on again.
- Move the robot closer to the WiFi router and try again.
- Make sure you stay connected to the Blaupunkt_BB network.
FAQ: frequently asked questions
The mop does not get wet enough: the water tank drips water onto the mop. If you start with a dry mop, it takes a while for it to be completely dripping wet. The advice is to wet the mop under the tap. This way, the robot starts immediately with a wet mop and you get the maximum result out of it.
The robot always makes the same round: this isn't the case. However, the robot will start in the same way as it starts in the AUTO mode (default setting). The robot then first goes to the edges of the room to orient itself. Next, it starts cleaning goes into zigzag mode.
How can I reset the robot: by turning off the red switch and leaving it off for 10 minutes.
I don't see the old map in the app: the robot makes a new overview of what it has done every time. Thanks to the mapping technology in the robot, it knows where it has been and does not clean more often in the same place. The picture in the app is for showing you where the robot has been.