How do you choose a Bluetooth headset?
Choose a Bluetooth headset
During your search, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will you mainly use the headset indoors or outdoors?
- How often do you need the headset?
- Do you also want to listen to music?
1. Will you mainly use the headset indoors or outdoors?
If you often use the headset outdoors, you'll be dealing with ambient noise. To ensure your conversation partner doesn't hear this, you need a noise-canceling microphone. This doesn't register any additional and focuses solely on your voice.
2. How often do you need the headset?
It depends on the talk time and standby time how long the battery of a headset lasts. Talk time stands for how long you actively use the headset. The standby time is how long the device can remain ready for use on a full charge. In standby mode, you still receive incoming calls. Choose a long talk time if you make a lot of phone calls. Choose a long standby time if you have to be available all day.
3. Do you also want to listen to music?
A number of Bluetooth headsets can be used for more than just phone calls. Some models also play music. To be able to do this, the headset must have the Bluetooth profile A2DP.