Which SONOS home cinema speakers should I choose?
Start with the Playbar, Playbase or Beam
The Playbar, Playbase or Beam is the starting point of every Sonos home cinema solution. Place it in front of your TV and listen to a wide sound image with clear vocals and effects. Connecting the soundbar is a simple job. Connect the soundbar to the wall socket and plug it into your TV with 1 optical cable or HDMI cable. The sound from other devices connected to your TV, such as your game console, is also displayed.
Add the Sub for extra bass
If you want to listen to firm bass conversations, the Sonos Sub is a logical choice. This subwoofer has 2 opposite drivers that produce powerful bass. You do not only hear the bass, you also feel it. This sounds an exciting action scene, rock concert or game extra compelling. The sturdy housing neutralises vibrating or humming noise. Because you connect the SUB wirelessly to the Sonos system, you can place it in any room in the room. The slim design means you can even place the subwoofer flat under the couch.
Add surround speakers for 5.1 surround
The Playbar delivers a wide spread of the sound, but with 2 extra surround speakers you really bring a movie soundtrack to life. Because the speakers are behind you, effects seem to come from every corner of the room. During an exciting chase scene it seems like a car is really driving past. The Play: 1 speakers are the most used, but for large rooms you better take a Play: 3 or Play: 5 speaker. You can choose from a surround set with or without Sub. Base your choice on whether you want to listen to a deep bass.
If you are looking for a better sound with your TV, then you have enough on the Playbar. Movie or game fans who are looking for the most realistic possible listening experience need the Sub and Play speakers.
- Connect the soundbar with an HDMI cable and control it with your TV remote control or via your smartphone.
- Wi-Fi plays the soundbar wirelessly from your smartphone, laptop or NAS.
- Add the soundbar to the Sonos multiroom system and stream music throughout the house.
- You can not stream the sound from your smartphone or laptop to the soundbar via Bluetooth.
- The 9 amplified speakers produce a clear sound. With extra Sonos speakers you can easily create a surround or multiroom setup.
- Listen to music from more than 60 streaming services such as Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- The speakers do not have AirPlay or Bluetooth support.
- You can not connect the soundbar to your TV with an HDMI cable.
- The 10 built-in drivers will allow you to listen to a clear and powerful movie sound.
- Add the Playbase to the Sonos multiroom system and stream music throughout the house.
- Wi-Fi plays the soundbar the music on your smartphone, laptop or NAS wireless.
- The Playbase is not suitable for TVs heavier than 35 kg.
- You can not connect the soundbase to your TV with an HDMI cable.
- The soundplate does not have AirPlay or Bluetooth support.