What temperature should my freezer have?
The ideal temperature to set your freezer's thermostat to is -18 degrees Celsius. You can often set the thermostat to an even lower temperature, but this isn't necessary. A temperature lower than -18 degrees won't keep your products fresh for longer. All freezers have a star rating that indicates at what temperature they can freeze food. All freezers in our assortment have an **** rating, which means they can freeze food at a temperature of -18 degrees Celsius or lower.
You can usually see the temperature on your freezer's display. Doesn't your freezer have a display? Measure the temperature yourself by placing a thermometer between the products for a few hours. This way, you can measure the actual temperature of the products in your freezer. The air temperature is a lot higher than the actual temperature.
If you use your freezer consciously, you can save on your energy bill. I'll give you a few tips to reduce our freezer's energy consumption below:
- Don't place your freezer next to a heat source. This means it has to work harder to freeze your food.
- Make sure there's enough distance between the back and the wall, so heat can escape properly.
- To keep the appliance at the right temperature, don't leave the door open unnecessarily.
- Let hot products cool down before freezing them. Regularly clear the dust from the vents at the back of the freezer with a soft brush.
- Regularly defrost your freezer. 2 millimeters of ice increase energy consumption by as much as 10%.