How do I maintain my vacuum with bag?
Replacing the vacuum cleaner bag
It seems like an open door, but after having vacuumed regularly for 3 months it's time to replace the vacuum cleaner bag. If you wait too long with this, the suction power will decrease and you'll run the risk of damaging your vacuum cleaner. We recommend doing this every 3 months with an average use of twice a week. If you vacuum more often or if you have pets, check how full the vacuum cleaner bag is a little sooner.
Cleaning or replacing filters
Thoroughly clean the exhaust filter once every 3 months. Do this when you're replacing the vacuum cleaner bag, because then you can easily reach it. You don't have to clean the motor filter so often, but do this at least once a year. The manual states where these filters are located and how you clean them. If you have pets, make sure to do this more often as the filters also prevent odors.
There's no clear time schedule for when you have to replace the filters. A trick to find out if it's time to replace the exhaust filter is checking the exhaust air. If the vacuum cleaner starts emitting a musty odor, it's time to replace the filter. The motor filter generally lasts longer. Check this once in a while, and keep an eye on whether the vacuum cleaner starts to sound differently.
Help! The suction power's decreasing
It's annoying, but no reason to throw the vacuum cleaner out. In many cases, there's a reason for the decrease in suction.
- Check if something's blocking the suction brush.
- Check if something's blocking the vacuum cleaner tube or hose.
- Check if there's a kink in the vacuum cleaner hose.
- Replace the vacuum cleaner bag.
- Clean the filters.
- Replace the filters if necessary.
Did you know...
- About 45% of all Dutch people own more than 1 vacuum cleaner? Often 1 for each floor.
- When you've lost your crevice tool, an empty toilet roll will work?
- Sucking up a tiny pinch of cinnamon will keep the scent of autumn in the house for a month?
- You can clean the mattress with the vacuum cleaner? Sprinkle some soda onto the mattress, leave it on for 30 minutes, then vacuum it off with an upholstery tool.
- You can remove furniture imprints from the rug with the vacuum cleaner and some ice cubes? Place ice cubes on the spots and wait until they've melted and the water is dry. Use the vacuum cleaner on it and you're done!
- For some vacuum cleaners, the motor runs at a speed of 100 kilometers per hour? Wow.