How do I reset my TP-Link router?
What do you need?
- A TP-Link router (make sure it's on)
- A paperclip (for method 1)
- A laptop, desktop, or smartphone that's connected to the same network as the router, so you can set up the router again.
Method 2: using the configuration page
- Open the configuration page of your TP-Link router in an internet browser. Make sure the computer you're using is connected to the same network as the router.
- At the top of the page, you can see 3 tabs. Select "Advanced Settings".
- You'll see a menu on the left side. Select "System Tools" here.
- Several other options will appear below your selection. Here, choose "Backup & Restore"
- Now click "Restore Factory Setting" to reset the router. The routers has now been reset.
Set up the router again
Want to set up the router again? Follow the instructions on our setup page:
Is it not working?
We'll gladly help you reset your TP-Link router. Can't get your router to reset? Please contact our Customer Service.