How do you solve an error code from your HP printer?
Types of error codes
Your HP printer stops working and displays an error code. Don't worry. Simply look at what the display says so that you can solve it. Your HP printer can show 2 types of error codes:
- Number/letter combinations
There are many different error codes for HP printers. Some of these codes consist of 2 numbers.
- 02: Remove the printer cable and restart the printer. Does the printer indicate Ready? Update the driver via the Firmware Updates menu. Next, reconnect the printer cable. If the problem persists, replace the printer cable.
- 12: Check if the toner cartridges of your printer are properly installed and if the cover is properly closed.
- 13: The paper is jammed. Open the cover of your printer on the front or back, depending on where the paper is jammed. Grab the jammed paper with both hands and gently pull it out of the printer in a straight motion.
- 41/49: Press Cancel to cancel the print and try again. Check if all covers are closed.
There are also error codes with number/letter combinations.
- 0XB80AFA20: There is a problem with the WiFi connection. Restart your router and printer.
- 0XC19A0023: It's a print head error. Turn off the printer, wait at least 30 seconds, and turn the printer back on. Is the problem not solved yet? Perform a reset (see the next paragraph).
- 0xc19a0020 There is a problem with the ink. Use the method in the next paragraph to reset your printer and cartridges.
- B81565BC: A general error on a blue screen. First try to reset the printer. Still no success? Contact Customer Service.
Reset the HP printer
If the above solutions don't help, you can reset the HP printer as follows:
- Switch on the printer.
- Is your printer connected via a USB cable? Remove it from the printer.
- Remove the cartridges or toner cartridges from your printer.
- Remove the connector from the socket and the printer while the printer is switched on.
- Wait at least 1 minute.
- Connect the printer to the socket and switch it back on.
- Reinsert the cartridges or toners into the printer and close the cover.
- Does the printer indicate that the device needs to calibrate? Press OK and let the printer do its job.
- Reconnect the printer using the data cable.
- You've reset the printer.