How do I connect my landline?
Connecting using the cable
Have you got a wired connection in your home or commercial property? Connect the phone using a phone cable. The ways of connecting your phone depend on your provider and your phone plan. With KPN, you connect a landline phone to a demarcation point, while you connect your landline phone to the modem with Ziggo. The setup varies between providers. This is why you should always keep the manual from your provider at hand.
Did you take out a subscription with KPN? Connect the phone to the demarcation point, also called a wall socket. Follow these steps to set up the landline phone:
- Locate the demarcation point in the fuse box. Does it not have this connector? You can find the connector near the main socket. This is a socket with 4 holes and is usually located in the living room.
- Plug the connector of the phone into the demarcation point (the wall socket) or into the main socket.
- The phone is ready for use.
Connecting to the modem
Do you want to connect a landline phone to a WiFi modem? Simply plug the network cable of the phone into the modem. Before you connect the DECT phone, check what kind of modem you have. The setup varies between providers. That is why you should always consult the installation manual that was included with the modem for the steps below.
Does your KPN package contain a connection box with a green port and a phone cable with a green connector? Great! Use the steps below to connect a landline phone to a KPN modem (Experia Box):
- Check to see if your modem is connected to the Internet. If not, set up this connection first.
- Plug the end of the phone cable with the green connector into the first green port on the modem and the other end into your base station.
- Check if you can hear a dial tone and dial a 10-digit number.
- If dialing is succesful, your phone is connected to the modem.
Note: got a fixed phone connector? In that case, it's best to contact your provider for help with setup.
Before beginning setup, check if the phone cable is in the Ziggo setup package. Next, follow these steps to connect your landline phone to the Ziggo modem:
- Plug the end of the phone cable into the modem's TEL 1 port and the other end into the base station.
- Wait until the green light on the TEL 1 port is on.
- Check if you hear a dial tone on the phone.
- Hear a dial tone? That means setup was successful.
- If you're not hearing a dial tone, take the ends of the phone cable out and plug them back into the TEL 1 port and the base station.
- Now repeat steps 2 through 4.