How do I switch from Android to iOS?
A Samsung device has been used for this example. The steps taken may be different on other Android devices.
Determine which data you want to synchronize
Choose 'Accounts and backup'
Choose the Google account for the backup
Click 'Synchronize account'
Check the information
You can transfer a lot of data via your Google account. To do this, simply log in on your iPhone with the same Google account as on your Android phone. To be sure that all data is transferred, make sure that everything is included in the synchronization. To do this, follow a few steps.
- Navigate to the settings on your Android phone and select 'Accounts and backup'.
- Here, you choose the Google account that you want to use for the backup.
- Now, click 'Synchronize account'.
- Here, you indicate which data you want to synchronize by checking the boxes.
Make a backup on your Android device
Click 'Back up now'
To transfer contacts, notes, your email, and calendars, it's important that they're stored on the Android phone in your Google account. To do this, make a backup and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the 'Settings' of your Android phone and select 'Google'.
- Here, click 'Back up now'. Your device will save the data in your Google account.
Now that the backup has been made, your data is stored online in your account.
Synchronize backup on your iPhone
Navigate to 'settings'
Click 'Passwords and accounts'
Select 'New account'
Choose 'Google' and log in as indicated
Check the data and choose 'Save'.
The saved contacts, notes, email, and calendars must now be retrieved on your iPhone. Grab your Apple iPhone and log in to your Google account. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Navigate on your iPhone to 'Settings'.
- Here, scroll down and tap on 'Passwords and accounts'.
- Now, select 'New account'.
- You end up in an overview with different providers. Choose Google. Now log in according to the instructions on the screen.
- Check the information that you would like to retrieve from the account and choose 'Save'.
All email, contacts, notes and calendars are now transferred to your iPhone.
Transfer photos from Android to iOS
Go to the Google Photos settings
Select 'Backup and synchronization'
Turn the slider
The easiest way to transfer your photos is via the Google Photos app. First, synchronize your photos with your Gmail account. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Open Google Photos, use the three bars at the top of the screen to go to 'Settings'.
- Choose 'Back-up and synchronization'.
- Enable backup and synchronization.
When you install the Google Photos app on your iPhone, log in with your Google account to view all your photos right away. You can also choose to download the photos from the app onto your iPhone.
Note: Don't you use Google Photos? You'll have to transfer all your photos to the app on your Android device first.
Transfer music from Android to iOS
You can transfer the music that you stream via a service such as Spotify by simply installing the Spotify app on your iPhone. Next, log in via the same account as on the Android phone.
You can transfer the music that you've stored on your Android phone via your Google account. In the Google Play Music app on the Android phone, you ensure that the music is synchronized to your Google account. Install the Google Music App on your Apple iPhone and log in with the same Google account as on the Android phone.