How do you remove accounts from your smartphone?
Find my iPhone
To temporarily deactivate Find My iPhone, complete the following steps.
Go to the Settings of your iPhone. This is the app with the gray gears. At the very top, you'll see your name. Tap here. Select the 'iCloud' option by pressing it. Swipe your finger up until you see the 'Find My iPhone' option. Select it by pressing it. Turn off 'Find My iPhone' by pressing the button.
If you want to not only deactivate Find My iPhone temporarily, but completely switch it off and erase the device (for example because you sold the device), you need to perform a few extra steps.
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone. This is the app with the gray gears.
- Swipe your finger up the screen until you see the option 'General' on the screen. Select it by pressing it.
- Swipe your finger up until you see the 'Reset' option. Select it by pressing it.
- Choose 'Erase all content and settings'. You'll be asked to enter your access code. Enter it and press 'Done'.
- You'll be asked if you want to erase your iPhone. Press 'Erase iPhone' if you want to completely erase the iPhone.
- For security purposes, you'll be asked again if you want to erase the iPhone. If you still want this, press 'Erase iPhone'. Your iPhone will now be erased.
Other Android smartphones
To remove your account and return your device to factory settings, follow the steps below. You need a working WiFi connection to complete these steps successfully.
Note: all your data and files will be lost. Make a full backup in advance, via your Google account, for example.
- Back up your personal information if you haven't already.
- Go to Setting and then to Accounts.
- Choose your Google account and click on the icon with the 3 dots.
- In the extra options, you can find the option 'Delete' or 'Disable synchronization'.
- Enter your password.
- Did it work? The 'Google' header under your Accounts will disappear.
- You can now reset your device to factory settings to delete all personal information.
The Samsung Gear products use a Reactivation Lock to ensure that your device can't be activated without your password. Follow the steps below to (temporarily) deactivate the Reactivation Lock.
Note: The device has to be connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
- Turn on the device and go to all apps via the home screen.
- Select Samsung Gear. On some devices, you can find it under Samsung Apps.
- Click on Find My Gear.
- Click Reactivation Lock.
- Use the slider to turn off the Reactivation Lock.
- Enter your Samsung account password and press CONFIRM.
Clearing your Windows smartphone is a piece of cake. Follow the steps below to remove all personal information from your device.
Note: make sure your data and files are backed up via your Windows account.
- Back up your data if you haven't done so already.
- On the home screen, select the Windows logo to go to all apps.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Go to Factory settings via Info.
- You'll receive two warnings. Are you sure? Click Yes twice.
- It may take a while for your device to complete the process.
Help from an expert in the store
Still can't figure it out after reading this article? No worries. Our experts are ready for you in the Coolblue stores. They're happy to help you delete your accounts while you enjoy a cup of coffee. Before you know it, you'll be outside with your empty smartphone!