Advice on 2-in-1 laptops
Pros of a 2-in-1 laptop
- Functionality of a laptop and tablet in 1
- Easily navigate with your fingers on touchscreen
- Choice of different modes
- Nice for on the go
- Not as easy to handle as a tablet
- Fingerprints on the screen
- Doesn't have a DVD player
What is a 2-in-1?
A 2-in-1 is a combination of a laptop and tablet. This can be a model with a detachable keyboard, or a laptop with a screen that can rotate 360 degrees. Every 2-in-1 has a touchscreen, like you're used to when it comes to a tablet. At school or the office, you can use the keyboard to take notes. At home, you can use it as a tablet to play Angry Birds and watch series.
What 2-in-1 suits me?
There are 2 different types of 2-in-1s: models with a rotatable screen and models with a detachable screen. The foldable 2-in-1 is the most popular, and comes with a wide variety of specifications. A 2-in-1 with a detachable screen is more convenient if you use a tablet more often, because you're not stuck with the keyboard.
2-in-1 with foldable touchscreen
You can use a 2-in-1 laptop in 4 different modes.
- Tent mode: you turn the screen 180 degrees, and put the laptop on a table like a tent.
- Laptop mode: the traditional mode.
- Presentation mode: turn the screen 300 degrees, so the touchscreen faces up, and use the keyboard as a stand.
- Tablet mode: you turn the screen 360 degrees so you can turn the laptop into a tablet.
2-in-1 with detachable touchscreen
A laptop with a detachable touchscreen is useful if you work with a keyboard at home, but like to use a tablet on the go. You can create beautiful projects at home using the keyboard. Once you switch to tablet mode, you don't have to carry the weight of the keyboard anymore. You simply remove the keyboard. Your 2-in-1 will be lighter and easier to handle. A 2-in-1 with rotatable screen may still feel awkward in tablet mode.