How do I update the drivers on my laptop?
Step 1: go to Device management
- Click the Windows logo at the bottom left
- If your keyboard works, click Device management and click the found agreement. You might have to enter the administrator password.
Step 2: Choose the part that doesn't work well
In this window, you'll see a list with different parts. Click the part of your laptop that has problems. It might be less logical than it seems. If you have a problem with a wired mouse, go to Mouses and other devices.
Step 3: Check if the drivers works properly
- Double-click the part that has problems. One or more options will appear. If you click Mouses and other devices, you'll see options for the mouse and keyboard.
- Double-click an option to see if the driver works well.
- A new window will open. There should be a line stating 'This device is working incorrectl' under Device status.
Step 4: Update the driver
- Make sure you see the same image as in step 3.
- Select the tab Driver.
- Click the button Edit driver
- A new window with 2 options will open. Click Search for updated programs automatically. You'll need an internet connection.
- If you have a driver stored on USB or hard drive, choose the second option: Look for drivers on my computer.
Step 5: Restart your laptop
- Click the Windows logo at the bottom left.
- A few icons will appear over the Windows logo. Click the On/Off icon.
- Select Restart